Fire at Trochus Close, Port Douglas
Thursday January 16th 2014
At 9.23 am 10th January, the fire services received a call alerting them to a fire at a domestic premises in Trochus Close, Port Douglas.
Two fire trucks attended the scene. On arriving they could see fire and smoke emanating from the back of the house.
On entering, it was discovered the fire was in the kitchen area. After using the hoses the fire was extinguished 9.53am.
The premises was unattended at the time and the pets in the house – dogs and cats - had self-evacuated earlier.
The fire service left the premises at 10.28 with the occupants of the house.
The fire was not treated as suspicious.