Reds return to Cairns
Wednesday 4 January 2012
Queensland Team of the Year, the St. George Queensland Reds, will begin preparations for their Super Rugby title defence when they host their opening trial match of 2012 in Cairns against the ACT Brumbies on February 11.
For the second straight year the Reds will commence their preseason campaign in North Queensland after Cairns successfully hosted the Reds opening trial match of 2011 in what turned out to be a preview of the eventual Super Rugby Final against New Zealand’s Crusaders.
The Reds will be stationed in Cairns for five days from February 9-14 with their 2012 trial match to be played at Barlow Park.
A number of curtain raiser games will be played with TAS and Saint Augustines starting at 3pm, a representative game between Cairns Thunder and Mt Isa at 4pm, and Under 6 and 8s games at 5.30pm. The main game will commence at 7pm.
General admission tickets can be purchased at the St. George Bank branch in Cairns while fans can also pre-order tickets.
All Tickets: $40.00 (No Concessions, children on laps and prams permitted. All children in grandstand must pay for a ticket).
OUTER - General Admission
Concession (Aged Pensioner Only): $20.00
- Children 4-16 years: $10.00 (Under 4 years free in the outer section)
- No Eskies, Alcohol, Glass or Sharp Objects (including knives) can be taken into the venue.
- Bottled water and other soft drinks will not be permitted - there will be water available on site
- Bags will be searched on entry.
- Food and baby formula in small containers is permitted
Call 1300 855 835 for more information.
Missed a local sports story? Check out our Sports Archive.