Consultation starts on Parks & Recreation Council Strategy
Wednesday 16 September
Consultation on Council Parks & Recreation Strategy
Cairns Regional Council have just sent through the media release below. This has direct implications on the Douglas Community. Make sure you check out the meetings arranged and also if you are involved in a community or sports activity or event then you must complete the on line community survey or request a survey by email (details below).
CRC Media release - Consultation has commenced for the Parks and Recreation Strategy which will guide Council in managing and delivering sport and recreation related services, programs, spaces and facilities across the region.
Council is calling on all members of the community to be involved in the consultation to ensure the plan reflects the needs of the local community.
Community surveys will be released on Monday 14 September and Council is encouraging residents to complete the survey online to reduce paper consumption. “We have worked with the consultants to develop an extensive program that enables many sectors of the community to be involved”, Mayor Val Schier explained. “We understand that our residents are concerned about parks, sport and recreation and that different communities have a range of concerns and suggestions for the future. That’s why we have set up a range of ways people can be involved”, said Cr Schier.
Community Meetings will be held at:
· Gordonvale Community Hall 6.00 pm Tuesday 29 September
· Barlow Park Corporate Room 6.00 pm Wednesday 30 September
· Diwan Sports Shed 6 pm Wednesday 7 October
· Port Douglas Sports Complex 6 pm Thursday 8 October
Ideas and suggestions can be provided to consultants by residents who attend the Health and Wellbeing Expo at the Mossman Community Hall from 11.00 am on 6 October. Community contributions may also be made by:
- following the link on Council’s website www.cairns.qld.gov.au to complete the online survey
- requesting a survey or leaving comments by emailing email@example.com
- filling in surveys available at Council’s customer service centres or branches of Cairns Libraries.
- SMS to 0407 170 233
- contacting the consultants on 1300 734 626 (local call) or 4055 6250
Surveys will need to be completed online or returned to the consultants (PO Box 857 Smithfield 4878) by Friday 16 October.
Editors Note : If you don't have your say, you will find decisions made at Council that may have a detrimental effect on your organisation or event and you'll have no recourse.